Meet the current Fellows!

07 November 2017

Chicago never sleeps - experience with the Professional Fellowship Program



What I love about the Professional Fellowship Program, it is a great combination of purely professional experience in the work-site, and the possibility to get engaged into academic, charity, volunteering and networking experience. Staying in the host family is another wonderful chance to get engaged with the local community, and contribute to the work of local activists, trying to make the neighborhood better.

This is my 3d week in Chicago, and I've used all the opportunities mentioned! At my work-site I am now fully engaged in HR issues, drafting a new version of a Handbook for the security officers.
Requires all of my drafting skills, and my experience in legal drafting also comes in handy!

Besides that, I took part in several charity events (volunteered at Chicago Loft Walk, voted in a contest for scholarships for Women at Kendall Culinary College), and attended a very interesting event with former National Security Advisor Susan E. Rice, at Chicago University. In addition, I had a very fruitful discussion at Chicago-Kent College of Law on their projects. Some fun was there too! I judged a pet Halloween costume competition in Chicago South loop!



Also attended an event with Laura Haim (a great journalist, and former Spokesperson during Emmanuel Macron's Presidential campaign), as she spoke on the The Role of Women in International Politics and Policy Reform.


Another 1,5 weeks ahead, - and so many more things to do!
Kseniya Sotnikova.



No comments:

Post a Comment